Scardella of Easter
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
- 1 / 2 kg of flour, yeast
- 150g of sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon
- 100g of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 100g of milk for the garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 colored sprinkles
PREPARATION: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, sugar, lemon, oil, egg and warm milk.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, then divide it into 3 parts, 3 cylinders and twist form them.
- Twist the dough in the shape of an eight and put it in a oiled baking pan, pressing the dough with two eggs shells.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about an hour, until the dough is cooked and has a golden shade.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Garnish brushing with egg white and spread colored sprinkles on the entire surface of the cake.